Note: OnTask and Zapier can now work with Salesforce hand in hand. Salesforce app is no longer supported.
An Export to Salesforce task allows you to export a document to Salesforce as part of your workflow.
Before You Begin
Before you can create an Export to Salesforce task, you need to
- Add a Third-Party Integration for Salesforce (only organization owners can do this)
- Create a workflow template
Create an Export to Salesforce Task
- If there isn’t already a workflow step where the document to export is uploaded or specified, you need to create one. See Create a workflow template and create the user task that corresponds with what you need for your particular workflow.
- In the workflow template Designer, click the + above or below an existing step where you want to export the document to Salesforce.
- Choose Send & Save, then Export to Salesforce.
- In the right panel, you can modify the default task name, Export to Salesforce. It’s a good idea to make your task names descriptive and meaningful to make it easier to distinguish the current workflow step from the others in the Designer.
- Click the EDIT button in the Designer, or from the Task Actions dropdown, select EDIT.
- Select a connected Salesforce organization (this should have been configured by your organization owner).
- Select a document to export by selecting the property you associated with the document in an earlier workflow step.
- Select the destination Entity ID.
where entity is the corresponding Salesforce contract|opportunity|contact|account. Specific casing is not required.
- Once you’re finished configuring the options, click <.
- Finish configuring the steps in your workflow.