A Send & Save > Email task allows you to send email notifications to workflow participants or to invite someone to participate in a workflow. It also allows a workflow participant to access tasks awaiting their attention. Adding an Action Button to an email message creates a unique link for the email recipient to complete an assigned task.
Note that an email recipient doesn’t need to be an organization or group member.
Before You Begin
Before you can create a send and save task, you need to create a Workflow Template.
Create a Send & Save Task
- In the workflow template Designer, click Insert First Task or click the + above or below an existing step.
- Choose Send & Save, then Email.
- In the right panel, you can modify the default task name, Send Email. It’s a good idea to make your task names descriptive and meaningful to make it easier to distinguish the current workflow step from the others in the Designer.
- Click the EDIT button in the Designer, or from the Task Actions dropdown, select EDIT.
- In the To field, you can type an email, or you can select one from the dropdown. The dropdown contains current participants and properties that refer to web form fields formatted as email addresses. The workflow originator is selected by default, but you can click the x next to Originator to remove it from the recipient list.
- You’ll generally want to add at least one Action Button to allow the email recipient to do one or both of the following:
- Download – this allows the recipient to download a copy of a document that you specify using the property associated with a file uploaded in a previous Web Form task with a File Upload field.
- View Task – this allows the recipient to progress to the next workflow step assigned to them. When you use this type of button, you can only have one email recipient.
- Customize the email subject line and content, using standard formatting in the body text.
- In the subject line and body content, you can insert properties that have been used in previous workflow steps to dynamically fill in information (e.g., “Please Approve Vacation Time for Originator Starting on Start_Date“). From the INSERT PROPERTY dropdown, select the property you want to include.
- Once you’re finished configuring the email text and options, click < .