Getting started with the advanced process builder
- Collect data such as emails for use in the workflow
- Send an automated email with an action button to link to a task for the email recipient
- Display a task type for the participant to do work
Tips for using the advanced process builder
When you use the advanced process builder here are some tips to help you begin.
- Your Workflow template begins by inserting your first task, normally a webform. In a webform, we can collect email addresses for the roles we will use in our automated business process. Rename your webform to identify what the purpose of this form is.
- Edit your start form. Change the email field in the start form to be a required field and a data type of email or the field will not be available in later steps.
- Next, you can assign a Property Name to the email fields that is easy to remember
- Return to the Process builder by selecting the back arrow on the right hand side
- Your next step in the process may be an email step. In order to show a Fill and Sign or other user facing task to a participant in your workflow, you will need to tell that person that they have work to do and add a link (button) in the email
- If the only email option on the To or CC fields is ‘Originator Email’ review steps 1 through 3 in this section.
- your email button will link to a step in the workflow template. For example, a Fill and Sign step to allow the email participant to fill a form or sign a document.
- The Fill and Sign step must be changed to the email field defined on your start form.
- Publish and Run your workflow to test this powerful combination
For an example, please watch our helpful video of an expense report workflow: https://www.ontask.io/resources/demo-building-expense-reports/