A Fill & Sign task requires that you upload a document (PDF, Office, or image file) that the task assignee will fill out and/or sign.
Before You Begin
Before you can create a fill and sign task, you need to create a Workflow Template.
Create a Fill & Sign Task
- In the Workflow Template Designer, click Insert First Task or click the + above or below an existing step.
- Choose User Task, then Fill and Sign.
- In the right panel, you can modify the default task name, Fill & Sign. It’s a good idea to make your task names descriptive and meaningful so that it’s easy to distinguish the current workflow step.
- From the Assigned to dropdown, select the task assignee. The Workflow Originator (the person who launched the workflow) will be available for selection, and in addition, there may be other participants available if they’ve been invited to the workflow or referenced as a property.
- Click the EDIT button in the Designer, or from the Task Actions dropdown, select EDIT.
- In Edit mode, on the DOCUMENT tab, upload a document (PDF, Office, or image file) that the assignee will fill out. You can optionally do the following:
- Digitally certify the completed document.
- Allow a user to Download the file from the Viewer.
- Click ADVANCED SETTINGS to select a file that the user uploaded in a previous Web Form task with a File Upload field.
- Add Action Buttons, which will allow the workflow to progress to the next step, and optionally provide multiple paths (branches) of completion of the Workflow (for example, if a request is accepted it would take one path forward, and if rejected would take a different path).
- Once you specify the general document options for the task, switch to the FORM FIELDS tab to configure your input fields.
- From the INSERT FIELD dropdown, select a field type:
- Text Box
- Draw the rectangular field on the form where you want the user to input a value or sign the document.
- Once you’ve configured all of your fields, click DONE.