Using the Intelligent Forms Field Extractor
Getting PDFs, documents, and forms filled just got easier.
New enhancements to our “Scan for Fields” function are here. Now, OnTask can be used to automatically scan, assign a user to each field, and designate what type of field has been placed on a PDF, form, or document. Supported field types include signature, initial, date, text box, and checkbox.
This can be particularly useful for large, multi-page documents like job applications, onboarding packets, and patient intake forms. Users have the option to scan a document that they will be signing themselves, or to scan and send it to others in their workflow.
Here is a step-by-step look at how the intelligent forms field extractor works:
How to Extract Fields on a Document & Get Responses
- Sign in to your OnTask account. If you don’t have an account, create a free trial to test this feature out.
- Upload your document.
- Select either the “Sign a Document Myself” or “Send and Sign” to designate who will be signing your document. Then, hit the “Prepare Document” button.
- Next, hit the “Scan for Fields” button and OnTask will automatically scan your document and place fields.
- All fields will automatically be assigned a type. For example, signature fields will have a signature box, and plain text fields will feature a preview text box where users can type their responses. Fields will also be automatically assigned to the main email recipient you have designated. If you need to make changes, you can click on the fields you would like to adjust manually.
- Once your document is done, either hit the “Continue to Signing” button if you’re signing it yourself, or the “Complete Document Preparation” button if you selected the send and sign option in step 3.
- If you selected the “Send and Sign” option in step 3, choose who you would like copies of the completed document sent to and hit the “Send Document” button.
Have questions about using the intelligent form extractor? Contact support today and one of our team members will be happy to help get you started.