Importing and Exporting Workflow Templates
Export/Import Workflow Model
OnTask allows your workflow template to be exported and imported into the same organization or into a different organization. You can now use this to share templates, copy templates to another group, or make a copy to modify and use with a different document or form.
To Export to an OTW file:
- Open workflow template in the advanced modeler, you do not have to accept the message
- Select icon for Export/Import Workflow Model
- Click Export
To Import an OTW file in the template assistant
- Click the card for: I’d like to import a previously exported workflow template
- Click Browse for model and pick the file with an OTW extension to import
- Click import
If saving into the same group and same organization, consider changing the template name at this time to differentiate from the first template.
To Import an OTW file in the Advanced Process Builder
- Click the template you wish to overwrite or start one from scratch
- Click the icon for Export/Import Workflow Model
- Click the Import Tab
- Click Browse for Model and pick the file with an OTW extension to import
- Click Import
Consider changing the name as the name will be updated by the import process.