August 2021 Product Release Notes
This month we’ve rolled out new features that make sending documents for signature even easier, and give you more freedom when it comes to customization and integration. We’re excited to share all of this month’s updates with you. Continue reading to get all the details.
New, Easy Link Creation Tool for Fill & Sign Documents
One of the biggest changes in OnTask this month is the creation of our new document sharing feature. This update is great for sending waivers, policy acknowledgments for HR departments, HOA proxy vote documents and more.
This new update has made the process of getting things signed even easier for our users, giving you the ability to quickly upload a document, place fields, and generate a link to send to your customers or employees. All completed documents can still be routed to management or other specified parties upon submission.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to the template library, and select “I need to have documents or forms filled and signed.”
- Upload your document.
- Once you’ve uploaded your document, you will be presented with an option to create a link to this document. Select “Link to a document or form” to get started.
- Next, you’ll place fields in your document just like before. Hit “Complete Document Preparation” once this is finished.
- Once fields have been placed, you will be prompted to add a name for your template.
- From this same screen, you can customize who will receive an email with the attached document once it has been completed by the participant. You can also customize all messaging in this email. Once complete, hit “Finish Template”.
- Upon finishing your template, you’ll be provided a link to email to participants, embed on your website, or share however works best for you.
Watch a step-by-step example on the new feature:
Additionally, if you ever need to swap out a document in this template, the process is simple. We’ve made it so that you can easily upload and replace your old document. All fields from your previous document will be carried over so that no progress is lost, and you have the ability to drag or change what you need.
Watch a quick walkthrough on how it works:
Ability to Add Custom Instructions
You now have the ability to add custom instructions for participants filling and signing your documents. When a participant is prompted to sign a document in a workflow, they will now see the custom instructions for filling out the document you have provided, if you choose to do so.
More Advanced White Labeling
To give you the ability to offer users a seamless experience, developers embedding OnTask in an iFrame now have the ability to remove OnTask branding from the workflow steps.