A View File task can be used to route a document for review and approval. You can choose to upload a file, or can select a file that the user uploaded in a previous Web Form task with a File Upload field. You can optionally choose to allow a user to download the file from the Viewer.
Before You Begin
Before you can create a view file task, you need to create a Workflow Template.
Create a View File Task
- In the Workflow Template Designer, click Insert First Task or click the + above or below an existing step.
- Choose User Task, then View File.
- In the right panel, you can modify the default task name, View File. It’s a good idea to make your task names descriptive and meaningful so that it’s easy to distinguish the current workflow step.
- From the Assigned to dropdown, select the task assignee. The Workflow Originator (the person who launched the workflow) will be available for selection, and in addition, there may be other participants available if they’ve been invited to the workflow or referenced as a property.
- Click the EDIT button in the Designer, or from the Task Actions dropdown, select EDIT.
- Choose to upload a file, or select a file that was uploaded in a previous Web Form task with a File Upload field (using the property associated with that file upload field).
- You can optionally do the following:
- Allow a user to Download the file from the Viewer.
- Add Action Buttons, which will allow the workflow to progress to the next step, and optionally provide multiple paths (branches) of completion of the Workflow (for example, if a request is accepted it would take one path forward, and if rejected would take a different path).
- Once you’ve configured the task, click DONE.